Normal Dry Skin Types
Winter can be stressful to the skin. Cold and wind can dry out normal dry skin, leaving it feeling uncomfortable and looking lifeless. The solution to getting it back on track is to use a natural moisturiser that is specially customised for normal dry skin types.
Topping up your skins moisture levels by using a good natural moisturiser keeps it looking youthful, plump and clear. From a very young age skin starts losing its ability to provide its own moisture, so making sure you give normal dry skin types a helping hand with your favourite natural moisturiser is essential, not only for the battle against early signs of ageing, but also to keep skin looking bright and healthy.
Some of us don’t have the time to sit around for anything up to an hour applying various treatments and products to give our skin a facial, although it’s worth trying to find this time occasionally as it’s a great treatment for both your skin and your soul! However if you have normal dry skin it definitely does benefit from being pampered regularly to ensure it looks its best, so if you can spare two minutes, try this:
- Remove all make-up with a natural skincare cleanser.
- Follow with a wash with a wash-off natural facial cleanser.
- Whilst your working your wash-off cleanser over your face, let your flannel or muslin cloth sit under the warm tap.
- Once you’re ready to remove your wash-off cleanser, lay the flannel over your face for 10 seconds.
- Thoroughly wash off the rest of your wash-off cleanser however, use the flannel to buff skin in circular motions whilst you’re doing so; this approach is a very gentle way to lightly exfoliate normal dry skin.
- Once all the steps above are complete, apply a thick layer of your usual night moisturising cream all over your face. Work it in for 30 seconds.
Try to perform this mini-facial a good half an hour before bed, so that when you reach the point of applying the thick layer of your natural moisturiser, it’s had plenty of time to soak in before you hit the pillow.
These simple steps are a great way to treat normal dry skin. The great part about the last step is that you don’t need to wash off the night cream, so your skin is getting a treat even when you’ve finished your facial!
Vicky and the team