Natural Skincare Tips for Teen Acne - The Basics
Natural Skincare Tips for Teen Acne – The Basics
Acne, or spotty skin, isn’t just a teen problem anymore, however, it’s still very much an issue that affects a large percentage of teenagers due to their changing hormones. It needs to be handled quite differently to adult acne, although some of the basics are still the same. Here are five natural skincare tips to follow when trying to treat teen acne:
- Keep skin clean, but not squeaky clean! Teen skin is prone to over oiliness but what you’re trying to do is balance the oiliness so there’s less of it, rather than removing it completely, as otherwise skin will produce even more oil to compensate for the lack of. Therefore, you want to use a natural cleanser that will effectively clean your skin without stripping it.
- Exfoliate regularly but don’t overdo it. Young, acne-prone skin needs all the help it can get to clear out dead skin cells and oil, which exfoliation is very good for. However, one of the best natural skincare tips we can give you is to pick a gentle natural exfoliator that will gently buff your skin without scratching it.
- Be aware of what you’re putting on or near your face. Things like flannels, towels, pillow covers and phones are all breeding grounds for the bacteria that can cause spots, so keep all of these things as clean as possible.
- Don’t pick at your skin. This just makes things much worse by spreading bacteria that may already be on your skin, or adding new dirt from your fingers.
- Lastly, keep your skin well hydrated and use a natural moisturiser appropriate for your skin type. A big mistake many spot-sufferers make is to not use a moisturiser, but every skin type needs moisture, especially oily skin which is struggling to regulate its moisture level.
Olivia and the team x